Founded and supported by the California hound hunting community, California Houndsmen for Conservation (CHC) works toward the following goals:
- To cultivate the good will and unity of fellow sportsmen, and develop relationships between ranchers, landowners, stockmen, the general public and houndsmen;
- To develop cooperative relations with state and local law enforcement, and actively participate in the game law establishment process;
- To promote the conservation, propagation and perpetuation of wildlife and wildlife habitat;
- To promote good sportsmanship, and;
- To develop materials and educate the general public with respect to the use of hunting with hounds.